Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Crash Design - 5 hour Bedroom Makeover

When my best friend's mom approached me with a design challenge to help her overhaul her bedroom that had been in the same state for 35 years in one afternoon, I just felt I had to do it! With a very small budget and a limited window of time (because she has to care for her autistic daughter), I -with the help of my friendly movers transformed a dusty and cluttered room into a book haven and prayer sanctuary.  I'm pretty excited about what we were able to achieve so quickly but i'm even happier that she was over the moon about her new room.
Before: I had asked her to remove most of the clutter and items in her room before we began since we had such a small amount of time.

After: The only design instruction she gave me was that she loved this shade of green. I took that and off I went to Target (I LOVE TARGET... thank you for coming to Canada finally!!!!), Ikea and Homesense to pick up what I could to compliment the green. I came up with a relaxing palette of greys, blues, and a surprise pop of red (the bookshelf is from Target). The old carpet was removed to reveal hardwood floors in perfect condition!
The hardwood floors are cold in the winter, so I found this gorgeous grey floral rug. I also put together this desk and chair for her, and had ikea floating shelves on top. Even though the curtains aren't floor length (which are ideal), I found these ready-made curtains from Homesense for $24.99/pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment